Making a list and checking it twice?
The countdown is on with Black Friday around the cornet and Christmas just a few short weeks away. We know how busy you will be fulfilling those Christmas orders, and so to save you time we put together this checklist to ensure you can maximise online sales over the festive period.
Websites and online shops
- Check your hosting is reliable and your servers are able to cope with an increase in website visitors on the run up to Christmas.
- Update opening hours cut off dates for Christmas delivery. We recommend adding these to your contact page as a minimum, and prominently on your homepage if you are running an online shop
- Clearly highlight any products that are included in seasonal promotions such as a Black Friday sale.
- Show recommended alternative and complementary products to your customers on the product page and in the shopping basket.
Bonus tip: Add some festive branding to your website or online shop
- Create a post showing your opening hours and cut off date for Christmas delivery, and pin it to the top of your page.
- Schedule your social media posts in advance to run over the Christmas period.
Google Business Listing
- Update your hours of business by marking all the days of the weeks that you are closed. This is the most common place that people check the open hours for businesses so make sure yours are up to date
- Schedule your posts over the holidays
Email and Mailing List
- Send an email to your customer list telling them when you will be open. This is also a good opportunity to thank them for their business.
- If you use an email signature, add a not to the bottom with your opening times.
If you need help with any of the above get in touch with us today so we can squeeze you in before it’s too late.
And don’t forget to set yourself a reminder to change it all back in the New Year.