Having a Facebook Business Page can be very beneficial to increasing social awareness of your brand.
Through your Facebook Business Page, you can create targeted adverts, post upcoming events, list your services and products and collect reviews.
Setting up a Facebook Business Page is free and easy to do.
1. Create a Facebook Business Page
Under the headings tab on Facebook, click “create” “page”. Then choose Business.
You will then be asked to give the name and category of your business, a profile picture, and a cover picture.
Choosing your profile picture for your Facebook Business Page –
Here you may wish to use your Business logo or a headshot of yourself. Ensure the picture you upload is clear and fits correctly, ideally with a bit of space around the edges. If it doesn’t, then you’ll need to resize it.
Choosing your cover picture for your Facebook Business Page –
For your cover picture try and choose something that will stand out, that represents your brand, or maybe a graphic that runs throughout your business.
TOP TIP – If you have multiple social media pages and a website, try to ensure your logo and design is consistent throughout all channels. This helps people to instantly recognize your brand.
2. Fill in your “about” content
Next, you will need to fill in as much information about your business as possible.
Include your location, opening hours, website address, contact number, your mission statement, etc
You can also fill out the “Our Story” section to tell people a bit more about your Business.
All this information is found under the “About” tab.
Under this section, you can also add yourself as a team member if you wish to link your personal profile to your Facebook Business Page.
3. Add a call to action button
On the homepage of your Facebook Business Page, there is a large blue button, this is where you will add your call to action (what you would like visitors to do on your page)
There are various options here, including:
- Make a booking
- Contact you
- Learn more about your business
- Shop with you or
- Download your app
Decide what you would like your visitors to do and then set that as your call to action.
4. Adjust your Facebook Business Page settings
Under the settings tab, you have multiple options to choose from.
Here you can:
- Change your general settings. Within this, you can choose who can post on your page, sharing abilities, age, and country restrictions, as well as being able to post in multiple languages.
- Set up your messaging preferences. Including choosing an automated response if someone was to message you.
- Alter the template and tabs on your site. There are various standard templates you can use depending on the type of business you have.
- Host event ticketing. If you are running events you can connect Eventbrite to your Facebook Business Page and sell directly through Facebook.
- Change post attribution. Here you can decide whether posts on your page should be attributed to you personally, or as your business.
- Give page roles. You can assign other people to have roles on your Facebook Business Page. This could be another admin, an editor, a moderator, an advertiser or an analyst.
- Choose your target audience and see who has liked your page. If there is someone who has liked your page and is posting spam, you can remove or block them.
- Connect to Instagram. You can connect your Instagram account to your Facebook Business Page to enable easy sharing between accounts.
5. Invite people to like your page
You can invite all of your current Facebook friends to like your new Facebook Business Page. Encourage your friends to share your page with others too, this way you can grow your following organically without spending a penny.
As the saying goes “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know”
6. Use publishing tools to manage your content
The publishing tools on your Facebook Business Page are useful for managing the content on your page.
Here you can:
- Create future posts and schedule them to appear at a set date and time.
- Manage your branded content.
- Create a live watch party.
- Manage orders from your Facebook shop.
- Manage your leads Ads forms and
- Use Creator studio for uploading videos and images to your page.
7. Gain insights from your Facebook Business Page
Facebook has an inbuilt analytics page that is free to use.
By clicking on the “Insights” tab at the top of the page, you can access loads of data on how well your page is performing.
This includes organic data, such as page views, page likes, and post reach, as well as data from any paid adverts you may run from your page.
8. Facebook Ads
Once you have got your Facebook Business Page up and running, you will want to try and increase social awareness of your Business.
One way to do this is through Facebook Ads.
Simply click on “ad centre” at the top of the page, and it will guide you through the whole process of setting up and running your advert.
You can customize your call to action, set a daily budget, choose a specific target audience and use the inbuilt analytics to see how well your ad is doing.
Here at GetPro we offer Social Media Advertising services and can even set up your Social Media pages for you.
If you would like to find out more about these services then please click here or contact us.
To get started on your Facebook Business Page click here